Our first meeting was a grand success! There was a great turnout of amazing, Earth-centered, genuine, and passionate people. We have a few general announcements here, and an overview of what we decided upon during the first meeting.
We need a host location/home for our next meeting on Tues, Dec 2. Go to our Google Drive “host signup sheet” to host our next, or other future meetings.
The topic for next meeting will be “working with Florida soils”, so bring any knowledge and resources you may have.
Our first action day event will be on Thurs, Nov 20th at Mark Fowler’s house at 7529 Compass Dr. Winter Park, FL 32792. For more information on this and future action day events visit our Google Drive folder or our action day Facebook group Permaculture My Yard – Orlando.
Many decisions were made during this constructive meeting and this is what we came up with:
- We will meet the first Tuesday of every month at the home of a willing host
- Group announcements will take place at the beginning of each meeting
- Topic for following meeting will be decided at each meeting
- Topic will be discussed on an open floor after announcements
- Snacks and treats are always welcomed
- Full potluck meetings will be announced the meeting prior
- Action days will take place between meetings and will be decided during each meeting
- A free plant raffle will take place at end of each meeting
- Plants will be provided on a voluntary basis by members
- A Google Drive folder is available for group use
- Folder includes documents of member skills and plants they are willing to share
- A group email list has been established
- An Orlando permaculture meeting Facebook group
- Personal/external announcements will take place at end of meeting, before raffle
If you you know wants to be added to the email list and google drive folder contact Matt at: firstname.lastname@example.org