It’s been a few weeks since the beginning of my dad’s holistic treatment with Doctor Mueller at Whole Family Healthcare. We don’t have much in the way of test results yet, but according to my dad the size of the tumor on his neck has significantly decreased.
My dad, Gary, has also confirmed that his cancer team at MD Anderson, although they are highly skeptical, is willing to monitor his condition while he tries an alternative approach. They will be administering follow-up tests in two months or so to see if the cancer is growing, shrinking, or staying the same.
So, basically in this post I’m going to talk about the exact supplements and practices Gary has been using to battle the stage 4 Squamous cell viral born carcinoma in his tonsils and neck lymph nodes.
The basic aims of the holistic treatment is to boost the body’s natural immune system, flush his liver of accumulated toxins, starve the cancer by limiting carcinogens and sugar, and introduce agents into the body that will combat the cancer directly.
To boost the immune system Gary has been taking:
- Twice a week intravenous injections of Curcumin, an anti-inflammatory and natural immune system booster. Curcumin is an extract of Tumeric, one of the highly esteemed roots in the herbal community.
- Beta Carotene supplements
- Cruciferous vegetable extract (Cruciferous vegetables are vegetables from the family Brassicaceae. These include kale, cabbage, broccoli, cabbage, bak choy, collards, etc.)
- Heavy intake of vegetable juices
- Increased exercise
To directly combat cancer cell multiplication Gary has been taking:
- Resveratrol, which has been shown to inhibit proliferation of cancer cells via different mechanisms.(http://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/herb/resveratrol)
- Polyphenol supplements, which are the most abundant sources of naturally occurring antioxidants in our diet, and also shown to have cancer-fighting qualities.(http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/81/1/215S.full)
- Pectasol (modified citrus pectin) which scientists believe works to inhibit two key processes involved in cancer progression: angiogenesis and metastasis. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modified_citrus_pectin)
- Complete absence of animal proteins and sugar in diet
- Celebrex, which has been shown to stop cancer stem-cells before transformation into full-blown cancer cells (http://www.webmd.com/arthritis/news/20041130/celebrex-makes-cancer-cells-self-destruct)
- High dose vitamin C, which has been shown to slow growth and spread of many cancer cells (http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/highdosevitaminc/patient/page2)
- High dose vitamin D, which has also been shown to slow cancer growth (http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/highdosevitaminc/patient/page2)
- Metlylselenocysteine (Selenium), which is being studied for its chemopreventive properties (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11799917)
- Cannabis oil mixed with DMSO applied topically to tumor (this has not been recommended or discussed with Dr. Mueller due to legality issues)
- Soursop leaf tea, which may have cancer fighting properties (http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/02/13/soursop-graviola-cancer-cure-strong-evidnce/)
To flush the liver Gary is doing:
- Twice-a-day coffee enemas
- Increased exercise that induces sweating
I will let you all know when any new news comes up!